Ingredients (4 servings):
- 8 Aviko churros
- 350 g cranberries
- 150 ml unsweetened apple juice
- 50 grams sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 pc star anise
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 mint sprigs
Preparation time: 25 minutes + cooling
- Place the cranberries with the apple juice, sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and star anise in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes until the berries burst open.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and allow to cool to room temperature. Keep the cranberry compote covered in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the churros in an oven or air fryer according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Meanwhile, heat the cranberry compote over low heat. Add some extra apple juice or water if necessary. Mix the powdered sugar with the last teaspoon of cinnamon. Spoon a generous spoonful of cranberry compote onto four plates. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Add the churros and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Garnish the desserts with the mint.
TIP: make the cranberry compote 2–3 days in advance, and keep covered in the fridge.
Other popular recipes
Churros with strawberry sauce and white chocolate shreds
Traditional pastry dish from Spain. A quick and easy solution for the growing appetite for sweet treats
Churros with white and dark chocolate sauce
Churros are a popular Spanish dessert that is quite popular in the US. They are made with simple choux pastry fried in hot oil and coated in cinnamon sugar.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Churros
Take a classic combination and give it a twist with this delicious fusion of flavours