Ingredients (10 servings):
- 450g Aviko sweet potato diced
- 150g unsalted butter
- 135g of sugar
- 75g self-raising flour
- 225g flour
- 2 eggs
- 350g apricot jam
- Powdered sugar
- Food processor or mixer with dough hooks, cling film, baking paper, spring form pan (24 cm in diameter)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Waiting: 30 minutes
Oven: 30 minutes
- In the food processor or with the mixer, knead a smooth dough consisting of the butter, 125 g of sugar, the flour, the flour, one egg, and a pinch of salt. Let the dough rest in the fridge wrapped in cling film for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place a sheet of baking paper on the bottom of the spring form pan and close the form. Roll out two thirds of the dough into a layer 3 mm thick. Place into the spring form pan leaving a raised edge of 3 cm. Sprinkle the sweet potato cubes on the dough base. Divide the jam over it, and smooth it out.
- Beat the second egg.
- Roll out the rest of the dough into layer 3 mm thick. Cut the dough into wide strips. Make a lattice on top of the pie. Thinly brush the lattice with beaten egg, and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar.
- Bake the crostata in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Let the crostata cool in the spring form pan.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar just before serving.
Other popular recipes
Thai cauliflower satay with sweet potato cubes
Vegan Thai cauliflower satay with sweet diced potato, prepared in the oven or on the bbq.
Tortilla wraps with sweet potato fries
Sweet potato fries are presented with an added dash of fun in a crispy tortilla wrap bowl, with a topping of fresh lettuce, creamy guacamole
Satay udang with sweet and sour tomatoes, cucumber and ginger
An Indian dish on the menu is always a hit!